Friday, March 27, 2009

KC

We had a GREAT time in Kansas City last week. It's pretty rare that it is just the three of us, so it was good, quality bonding time! At one point, I asked Jayce if he was getting sick of just being around his dad and I and he said "No, because if I said YES, that would be mean!" hmmm....so I take that to mean yep, he was getting tired of just us!! We left on Thursday and came back on Sunday. We ate at a lot of GREAT places...if you are ever in KC, we highly suggest you visit Hereford House. It's a steakhouse and their food was amazing!! Dustin wants to drive to KC just to go to dinner there! We also went to Crown Center and the Plaza (however Dustin wouldn't let me out of the car at the Plaza!) TORTURE!! It was pretty cold and it was packed due to the NCAA basketball tournament being in town (side note: speaking of basketball, I'm in FIRST in the brackets in the pool at work...no idea how! I just randomly picked!) We took Jayce to a family fun center place and we bowled and played mini golf. Jayce got to swim every night at our hotel. It was a good time and I think we will try to do little trips like that more often. We have already started saving our change again! We had a big, empty, Jack Daniels' bottle that we kept telling Jayce that once we got it filled, we would take a vacation. We had close to $200 in the bottle just in change and we haven't been really saving our change for that long!!

I picked Jayce up from school today and his Principal cornered me and said that she is going to create a special group of just 4 1st graders to help challenge the advanced kids. She said she really wants Jayce to be in the group and asked if I would be okay with that?!? UM, HECK YES!!! This is what I have wanted them to do ALL year long so he would actually be challenged!!!! She is going to have the group of Jayce and 3 other students meet EVERYDAY!! THANK GOD!!!! I told her that I have tried talking to his teacher about giving Jayce special assignments or doing something more geared towards his abilities and gotten nowhere. I'm really excited about this and Jayce will be too! He loves to learn & be challenged! He gets in trouble for talking when the teacher is talking...well duh, it is because he already knows what she is teaching!! I have told her this MULTIPLE times too! YEAH...I'm so excited!!! Too bad there is only 2 months of school left but oh well, maybe if this group meeting daily works out, it will continue NEXT year!!

1 comment:

  1. Your KC trip sounded like fun! I'm sure it was nice to get away for a few days as just the three of you. :)

    AND FINALLY some progress with getting Jayce in a special group at school! You've been talking about wanting it done for so long!

    ReplyDelete